Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good times

IMG_7199

A few weeks ago, my parents came out to visit us, get to know Alex and spoil Brendan. It was awesome having them in town and I wished they never had to leave. It’s hard being so far from our families.

IMG_7197

IMG_7205

Brendan loved playing with Grandpa George and doing all sorts of things that I can’t/won’t do with him. He had so much fun, and I think my dad did too. He was a pro at soothing my sweet baby and putting him to sleep. (I had to get a shot of Alex’s rad baby mullet!)

IMG_7194

IMG_7174

IMG_7176

My mom really wanted to take Brendan to the Build a Bear workshop and it turned out to be an excellent idea. Brendan was so excited to pick out his very own special bear.

IMG_7178

IMG_7184 Brendan loved helping stuff, wash and dress his bear. He picked out the clothes and everything. He even named him. At first when asked what he wanted to name his bear, he replied “Teddy” but since he already has a bear named Teddy, he picked another. His second choice was T. Bear and I think it is the cutest name ever. It amazes me what this kiddo comes up with.

IMG_7189

IMG_7191

These are not the happiest photos but trust me, he loves his T. Bear. He sleeps with him every night and carries him around the house. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

IMG_7213

We also blessed Alex on November 4th. It was a special day for us and I really wish I had better pictures of that day but all I have are dark pictures and Alex is crying in every. single. shot. Oh well.

IMG_7215

At least Brendan was smiling and had fun with my camera’s remote.

Brendan also finally saw a dermatologist for his scalp and we got him some medicine requires him to swear a shower cap at night. It’s pretty hilarious but the good news is the medicine works like a dream!

IMG_7227

IMG_7230And here he is showing off his cool cap and pounding his chest like Donkey Kong, his latest obsession.

IMG_7253And on the 16th, I turned the big 3-0. Crazy.

IMG_7245Brendan was a little confused and thought it was his birthday so he helped me blow out the candles and open my presents. He even helped me eat one of my presents (a bag of my favorite candy- Swedish fish). Brendan’s always ready to help when a treat is involved. :)

Well, that is all the exciting stuff going on here. And now, I’m ready for Christmas preparations!  

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks amazing!

    I have never been to build a bear, but I've had one made for me and heard a lot about it. I can't wait to take Autumn there when she gets a bit older.

    Glad the big 3-0 wasn't painful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Valerie! Hooray for 30 :) I can't decide if I'm happy about it or not (for myself), but I'm trying to embrace the age. I'm glad your parents got to be there for Alex's blessing and to spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Val, Happy late birthday, chica. I knew you were in November and MaryAnn is in December, but I have a little trouble with actual dates! I wish i could have celebrated with you. You are a beautiful, amazing, hilarious woman, and I miss playing with you! Next reunion?????

    ReplyDelete