Saturday, July 28, 2007
- Valerie needs to weed out those who seek only to waste her time as soon as possible. (I really should take this to heart)
- Valerie Needs Our Hugs. (always!)
- Valerie needs a very committed and supportive home. (check)
- Valerie needs to be deported. (hmmmm, this sounds a little harsh)
- Valerie needs help periodically on an as-needed basis. (I cannot tell a lie)
- Valerie needs to grow. (I always wished I was a couple inches taller)
- Valerie needs a camper or truck to travel to San Antonio. (I've never been to San Antonio)
- Valerie needs $30. (who doesn't!)
- Valerie needs to stay on her toes. (You never know what's around the corner!)
- Valerie needs all the allies she can get. (Sure, why not?)
- Valerie needs a good pinching. (I think I'll pass on that one)
Here's what Chris needs:
- Chris needs to get a hula hoop and practice moving his hips.
- Chris needs encouragement. (You're the best! How's that?)
- Chris needs the best of the best. (I think that's been taken care of... ahem.)
- Chris needs a vacation. (I'm sure that's true!)
- Chris needs a nickname. (I won't embarrass him here)
- Chris needs a life (ouch... that hurt)
- Chris needs all his food to be soft and mashed with a fork. (that would make eating easier)
- Chris needs to get his facts right before making untrue comments for all to see. (has Chris finally decided to join the blogging community?)
- Chris needs to make an effective and knowledgeable career decision. (Oh Magic 8 Ball, tell us what you see!!!)
- Chris needs to ditch the macaroni jewelry. (He was just trying to keep up with his Grandpa's cool fashion accessories)
- Chris needs to cool down a bit (we all know how hot-headed Chris can get.... NOT!)
Thanks, Erin! This was fun!
Monday, July 23, 2007
Chris really wants to find Brendan a little tie so they can match even more- I've been on the lookout but to no avail. It seems that ties for baby boys are quite the illusive item. But that's probably a good thing since Brendan would probably just end up chewing on it the whole time.
You can't really tell from this view but Brendan had his arm wrapped around his glow worm. It was so darn cute I couldn't resist snapping a picture and disturbing him as he was trying to settle down for the night.
And just for fun, here's picture of Chris and his birthday cake. It was super delicious but really filling. I could only eat half of my small piece. The good thing about it though is that it's easy to make- just layer ice cream sandwiches with cool whip and hot fudge and top with peanuts. Yummy!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I still can't figure out why it was so funny for him to wear these glasses. He doesn't need glasses but this is exactly his personality... what a goof!
I just love this picture. Chris is being so sweet and innocent- which he wasn't always a little boy. :) Robin can attest to that. But no matter what, he was still a little charmer- just like today! Happy Birthday!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Brendan's teeth have cut through! You can see the two bottom ones and even feel them! It's a little strange to be able to put my finger in his mouth and feel two little sharp objects. But it's also really exciting to see him grow. For the most part, he's been doing really well- not too cranky and still nappy well, so we're pretty lucky.
Brendan is also rolling over like a maniac. He know rolls full circle over and over on the floor and in his crib. During the night, he's now making it all over his crib which seems like such a big boy thing to do but he'll be a big boy fairly soon. It's crazy to watch him- he just slowly rolls away from me when I put him down and I know that crawling is not too far off. In fact, he has rug burn on his knees from pulling them up underneath him and pushing himself. He even had it on his cheek- that's how much his is moving now.
I can't believe how fast this time has come. It still seems like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.
We'll post more when we return tomorrow- it's been fun and we have some cute pictures and stories. Look for Chris' monthly post finally about our trip.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Flash-back to when he was only a week old and his Glow Worm kept him company.
Out of no where, Brendan starting lounging in his bath. Usually he is a splash-monster but one night he just propped his legs up and kept them there the whole time. These moments are few and far between since his little legs are almost never still.
I thought it was because he's teeething but it was a little frenzied so, of course, I really started to worry that something else was going on. So we called the doctor and luckily they were able to see him this morning at 9:00. Chris took him in for me since I'm working a full day today and tomorrow since we are taking off Thursday afternoon for Vegas to see Zach and Amber and their two kids. According to Chris, the doctor said that it's not his teeth so we can rule that out, since teething should not cause him to cry in an out-of-control-can't-stop-myself-even-if-I-wanted-to way. But it's probably a little virus that's bugging him. All we can do is keep giving him Tylenol and try to keep him as comfortable as possible. It should clear up within a week. A week... I'm REALLY hoping that it is more like a couple days. But in the meantime, we'll hold him lots and give him extra kisses. Poor little guy. :(
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Here are the latest pics that I took today- I know my mom has probably been waiting for some new ones! Enjoy.