How did my Goober get to be so big? I feel like the past six months have just flown by. This boy gets cuter and cuter every. single. day.
He’s entered the realm of eating real food and while he enjoys most of the baby food we’ve tried so far, he seems to have a dislike for bananas. Really? Doesn’t that seem strange? To each his own.
Alex doesn’t quite fit in his high chair but he’ll grow into it. It gets the job done at least.
He’s got the sideways lean down.
The other day he refused to eat for a solid 5 minutes because he just wanted to suck his thumb. Alex loves his thumb and he’s sucked it raw because he doesn’t just suck but he gnaws on it constantly.
And he always sucks his thumb with his fingers open and palm up. Funny boy.
Some things about Alex:
- He does NOT enjoy bath time
- He is finally napping for more than 30 minutes (this has been a huge struggle for us the past couple of weeks)
- He loves to make noise by banging toys, spoons or whatever he can get his hands on
- Everything is starting to make its way to his mouth
- He gives smiles freely but he’s stingy with his giggles
- Dad gets the biggest smiles from him
- He wakes up way too early because he poops EVERY MORNING (gah!)
- He’s finally starting to fit his 3-6 month clothing
- He has figured out how to scoot around on his back
- He loves to jump
- He has way more hair than Brendan did at this age
- He is still such an easy-going baby and I just love him to pieces!!
My heart is full these days.