Friday, August 14, 2009

Things to be Happy About

After having a pity party for myself, my mom reminded me to count my blessings. And she’s right - I have so much in my life to be thankful for. Here is a smattering of them.

IMG_4253 Enjoying slurpees on a hot summer day after running around the park all afternoon.

IMG_4399 New Converse high tops for Brendan. I love these shoes.

IMG_4354

IMG_4357 Getting an ice cream cone as a treat for Brendan being such a good boy while running errands.

Going to the library and picking up new books for both me and Brendan.

Brendan let me read him two books in a row. I know it doesn’t sound like much but this is a big deal for him. He loves to read but usually only by himself so the fact that he sat on my lap and let me read to him was super special.

IMG_4408 Beans! My bean plants are flourishing and now I need to find some good recipes to use them all. If you have any, let me know!

IMG_4410 My one tomato plant that survived is actually going to produce a handful of tomatoes. I don’t think we’ll get more than five or so, but at least we’ll get something for all of our hard work!

IMG_4386 Brendan being a big boy and blowing bubbles all by himself. But he’ll always be my baby, no matter what.

Our car being fixed. After one whole week without it, it feels great to have it back. It could have cost us over $2000 to fix but luckily when the timing belt broke, it didn’t damage the engine so we were able to save a lot of money. My father-in-law told Chris that we had a 50% chance of that happening and I’m glad that we were lucky.

Actually, I don’t think it was luck. We were blessed in a major way with that one as we are is so many other things. I’m feeling extra grateful today.

3 comments:

  1. It is good to remind yourself about the good things in life ... and you do have a lot to be thankful for. Those high tops are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see that my Valerie is back. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos on recent blog posts! And I loved this post. Hope you're feeling rejuvenated after your fun weekend away!

    ReplyDelete