Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Best Homecoming

Chris was gone all weekend and got home late Monday night. We tried waking Brendan up so he could see his dad for the first time in 4 days but the kid was out cold. Even the mention of presents didn’t do the trick. So this morning, Brendan discovered the presents his dad left him and he couldn’t rip into them fast enough.

IMG_6405

The Lego airplane was a HUGE hit and Brendan demanded that we put it together immediately. It took me a while to get it right since it was 8:30 in the morning but we finally did it and it is pretty cool.

IMG_6399

IMG_6400

Of course Iron Man had to get in on the action. (Iron Man was a recent addition as well from a Burger King kids meal- they have the best toys right now!)

IMG_6406

Grandma sent a magnet book and it was also a huge hit- Brendan loves magnets. His favorite is the snake and he likes to chase me with it while making some fierce hissing sounds. Brendan sends a big thank you to Grandma for sending such an awesome surprise home with his dad. She knows him so well!

I think I got the best gifts though- a box of See’s chocolates (which I’ve devoured most of already), I have my husband home again, I don’t have to sleep alone anymore and I’m no longer a single parent. It was hard work being on my own with Brendan for so long and we’re both thrilled that Chris is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment