Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life's a trip, enjoy the ride

We've all been feeling a little under the weather the past several days so things have been a bit slow for us. Brendan's face in the photo above about says it all. Just down right unhappy. And when he's unhappy, we're all unhappy. Luckily today he seemed to back to more of his normal self, despite the large about of boogers still coming out of his nose.

We headed to the park this evening to take advantage of Brendan's better mood and we had a blast. I forgot how FUN swings are. After Brendan jumped off my lap, I spent a good 10 minutes on the swing myself and I couldn't help but smile the whole time.

Brendan loved going down the slides over and over. I'm glad that he had fun. It was good to see him enjoying himself.



I can't believe how grown up he seems, but I think I say that in just about every post. But it's true... everyday he seems to be going through growth spurts. Sometimes he wakes up from a nap and it just hits me how he's a little boy. And everyday he's talking more and showing off his newfound skills. It's amazing to experience that, but it kills me at the same time. If only time could slow down just a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I always think that too, that slowing down time to enjoy them now would be great. But then sometimes I wish Andrew could be in first grade and be gone at school all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last pic with Brendan! I am so excited for you guys to come to Spokane! We need to find Chris a job by us while you are visiting!! :)

    ReplyDelete