Sunday, March 8, 2009

Today is a special day


Today, Chris and I have officially been married 7 years. Wow- those 7 years have gone by pretty quickly! Since our anniversary falls on Sunday, we planned to do our celebrating on Saturday by heading to Littleton, NH to do some shopping and then having a nice dinner at home. Well, things didn't work out like I expected. Littleton, NH isn't all that exciting and not worth the 45 minute trip it took to get there, I started a fire on the stove when I was grilling our streak and ended up smoking out our entire apartment, I forgot to buy potatoes at the grocery store so I had to leave out a major part of the dinner, Brendan refused to nap and was a terror, and by the end of the night we were both exhausted and tired.

But it gets even better. Today Chris was scheduled to give a talk in church today and being prepared as we are, we completely forgot to turn our clocks an hour ahead for daylight savings. Luckily Chris noticed the one clock that updates itself when we were only 20 minutes late but unfortunately it takes us 20 minutes to get to our church. But today Chris made it in 15 without getting a speeding ticket. And we made it in time for him to give his talk but just barely. We seriously had 2 minutes to spare.

And we were excited to get to visit with Uncle Aaron today but those plans were dashed. Aaron's going to be in Bosotn for work but missed his flight due to issues with daylight savings as well (I'm glad we're not the only ones who forgot). Brendan was especially excited to see his uncle but he's patiently waiting until next time.

But even though things have not worked out as we planned, we've still manged to have a lovely weekend. I feel lucky to have such a wonderful husband who even after 7 years is still my best friend.

Although next year, I think we need to plan something a little better to celebrate.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 7 years!! It goes by fast doesn't it? (Well at least four years has gone by fast for me!) I had to laugh about your daylight savings time fiasco because the same sort of thing happened to us too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh... We missed your anniversary. So sorry. It is hard to believe that you have been marry that long. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I always enjoy your blog comments and the pictures too...looking forward to seeing you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both!! For some reason I thought you guys had been married for a lot longer than we have, but I guess it's only one year difference, huh? Time sure flies, you don't even notice it.

    Sorry about the apartment getting smoked out, but I'm sure the grilled steak was delicious and dinner was especial nevertheless.

    Congrats and happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 7 Years! Sorry it didn't go as planned. I hate Daylight Savings...I think Arizona has it right. Hope you find something spectacular to do to make up for it all!

    ReplyDelete