Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another week has gone by

I've been absent from the blog for awhile but things here have been a little crazy and hectic. Here's some of the exciting things that have been happening here:

Chris got 2 job offers the end of last week. Wow- we were so excited, especially me since I want to be home with my little buddy so bad. I had a glimmer of hope of being able to quit but unfortunately, neither of those jobs were the right fit for Chris. So he turned down both of them. Which means I'm still working and I even added some extra hours to my work week to help make ends meet a little better. Not fun for me.

We've had amazing weather here (until just recently- now it's quite rainy and cooler) and Brendan has wanted to be outside every second of the day. But it's been fun to watch him run around and go on walks with him to explore things. He's also really enjoyed playing in our parking lot with our neighbor's toys, as you can tell by the cute pictures below.


He's actually learning to push it with his feet by himself. Way to go Brendan!

Brendan has discovered raisins and suddenly loves them. It took several attempts but he now freely eats handfuls of them. At first he would spit them out immediately. After a few times, he would suck on them but then spit them out and they would get stuck to my socks. Gross. I'm much happier now that he eats them, especially since I bought a ginormous bag of them and was a little worried about wasting them. But it seems to have worked out!

All in all, we're just busy with life around here. Lots of laundry, cooking and playing, all while Chris is interviewing and applying and while I'm off at work. We're busy but having a grand ol' time.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Val, I leave for Montana in about a week and want to see you before then. Let me know if you have some free time. I can bring over a treat or we can grab some lunch. I love to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie I feel for you and the working situation. I'm doing the same thing while my husband is going to school. Please tell me that it will change someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love playing with other kids toys! Andrew hates all his, but loves everyone elses, even if they are the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie,

    I was reading your blog - so cute by the way - and i got to the post about the bon fire - yeah totally cracked me up because those neighbors did the exact same thing last year when we lived there. When I was reading your blog I was re-living the experience totally and completely - word for word. We also called the cops and a fire truck came. So believe me I know where your coming from - the neighbors are bizzaro. Miss you Val.

    ReplyDelete