Thursday, May 29, 2008

Welcome to the corporate world, Chris

It's finally happened... Chris has entered the workforce by accepting a job with Lane Links in Orem, UT as their new Technology Project Manager. I didn't picture us staying in Utah after graduating but things sometimes don't work out like you think, so I'm trying to have a good attitude about it. I actually am very excited for him and even more excited that I was able to put in my two weeks notice! While I have loved working for VitalSmarts for the last 4 years, I am ready to move on and be home with Brendan. I have many big plans for us that mostly includes long afternoons at the pool, eating popsicles, and taking long naps.

Also worth noting, Chris let me take him shopping to buy him some new clothes for his job! While he doesn't have to wear a suit everyday, he was in need of some nice business casual clothes so he wouldn't have to wear the same slacks every day. After what seemed like 4 hours of shopping, he actually found several things that he liked. That may not be a big deal for some people, but Chris is incredibly picky when it comes to clothes. Getting him to shop is like pulling teeth (most of the time) so I was glad that he could expand his wardrobe. And I'm also very glad that we won't have to do that again for a while. My job was to chase after Brendan as we literally ran everywhere in the store. He was so excited that he would run back to the dressing rooms and try to knock down Chris' door or climb underneath it. Then he would jump back up and run away for the next 10 minutes. I was exhausted but at least Chris will look sharp on his first day of work! It was well worth it!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so incredibly happy for you Chris, and you Valerie now that you get to stay home with your mini me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH CHRIS! And yeah for you too Valerie! I bet you are so excited to be able to be home, good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you get to be home with your little boy! Thanks again for the maternity clothes- you're a life saver! Hopefully I can bring Camryn in and visit you at VitalSmarts before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! WE are excited that you won't be moving:) I hope Christopher's business attire is reminiscent of the outfit he wore at the rehersal dinner for John's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Val! Isn't it weird to be a "real person?" I mean that post school, real job, might someday get a house and the "oh my goodness, I can totally quit my job" sort of person.

    I've had those first couple of feelings (not the quitting job part- Adam got that one)...

    Good luck! and I hope you guys can come visit soon (maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete