The other day, we were going through the drive-thru at McDonald’s when Brendan immediately started to scream at me. It took me a while but I finally figured that he was mad that I turned the volume down on the CD that I had playing. As soon as I turned it back up just loud enough for him to hear, he was fine. I didn’t even know he liked the song I had playing but now when it comes on, I notice he cheers and claps.
Brendan LOVES music, loves to dance and loves to make music. He loves all sorts of music and already has a wide range of musical interests. I think he’s going to be musical in some way or another- it’s in his blood after all (thanks to Chris and the musical side of the Lubniewski’s, of which I got none of that talent). So I’ve put together his playlist of all the songs he loves and loves to groove to, mostly just for me to have record of it but I hope you all enjoy it as well.
- Seven Days a Week – Imagination Movers
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon (this, oddly enough, is the song that he demanded during the drive-thru)
- Pollen and Salt – Daphne Loves Derby
- I Caught Myself – Paramore
- Nephi’s Courage – Clive Romney
- Listen Up – Valencia
- C is for Cookie – Cookie Monster
- Time Won’t Let Me Go – The Bravery
- Thomas the Tank Engine Theme Song
- Kiss Kiss – Chris Brown
- You Are My Sunshine – Elizabeth Mitchell
- Book of Mormon Stories – Clive Romney
- Party In My Tummy – Yo Gabba Gabba
- I like To Dance – Yo Gabba Gabba
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- We’re Knights – The Backyardigans
- It’s Great To Be An Engine – Thomas & Friends
- Harold the Helicopter – Thomas & Friends
- Wild Thing – The Troggs
- You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet – BTO
Some of these songs he loves simply because I dance with him and swing him around. Some of these I can’t stand anymore but he throws a fit if I try to skip them on my iPod. Others are favorites of mine and he decided he liked them too, which makes me so happy that we have something to share together.