Monday, September 3, 2007

Adventures in crawling

Crawling is a scary thing for me. Not only because I'll have to start keeping a better eye on Brendan but also because I know it means walking is not too far off, and that means running will soon follow that. Yikes! But it's so fun to watch Brendan try SO hard to crawl. He's doing quite well as he can now crawl four or five times without falling on his face. In the past two days, he's made leaps and bounds in crawling and Chris estimates that by the end of the week, he'll be going full steam. I've tried to snap some good action pictures of his crawling adventures so I hope you enjoy!


In other Brendan news, he had his first (and hopefully only) fall off of our bed. It was probably the worst moment of my life. Early Sunday morning, as we were getting ready for church, I put Brendan on our bed to play around on while I tried to get his clothes ready for the adventure that is dressing Brendan. You have to dress him as quick as you can or else he just screams the whole time... so there I am fussing with some new socks and the next thing I know, my baby is falling to the floor. How it happened, I still don't know- I was standing 4 inches from him but being the expert roller that he is, he just plowed right by me onto the floor. I've never heard him cry like that before. It was unbearable.

Then, of course, I was worried that he had a concussion and that he shouldn't take his morning nap but after about 10 minutes or so, Brendan was his normal self and he stayed that way throughout church, so I figured I was being a little overly worried. He's fine and he still loves me. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment