Monday, September 21, 2009

A Little Part of History Handed Down

IMG_4790

IMG_4793

Ignore the unhappy faces in these pictures, please, and focus on that lovely green sweater that Brendan is wearing. This sweater was knitted by Chris’s grandma many many years ago and Chris wore this same sweater when he was Brendan’s age. I love that Chris’s mom held onto it for all these years and now Brendan has a special keepsake of his dad’s. A friend in our branch is an awesome knitter and is going to mend some of the loose threads so hopefully this will last a long long time. This is my new favorite piece of clothing and he wears it just about every day.

As I’m typing this, Brendan is sitting next to me at the table “reading” one of his books. When he got to the last page, he flipped it closed and said “amen”. It made me laugh. Love this little boy.

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest boy sweater I think I've ever seen. If he were mine I would dress him in it everyday too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete