Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Splish Splash


Today was an exciting day for Brendan (and for me). He had his first trip to the pool and I'm proud to say that it was a success. Chris and I lathered him up in SPF 50 sunscreen (that's why he's so shiny!), decked him out in his hat and his swimming suit/swim diaper, and off we were to the pool. The Mother's Group was meeting there for the weekly activity, so I decided to take the afternoon off and enjoy some time with my sweet boy. I'm so glad I did. He loved the water and was very calm the whole time- even when the older kids went splashing by and sprayed him in the face, he didn't even flinch. In fact, I think he enjoyed it. He liked to lay out on my legs with his head on my stomach and just chew on his hands while he enjoyed the warm water. The pool that we went to has an amazing children's area with shallow water (that was the perfect temperature!) surrounding a large water jungle-gym area for the older ones to play in. It was so much fun and I loved the set-up. It was so nice to be able to sit in the shallow water with Brendan and let him splash or just lounge.

He did a great job splashing, by the way. I would stand him up and one arm would just keep splashing the whole time- but only one arm... never both at the same time. He was just too cute for words. I wasn't sure how he'd react but I was hopeful since he loves his baths so much. I'm glad he liked it and I hope this means he won't be such a wimp when it comes to swimming like his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment