Friday, November 14, 2008

It's been a crazy week

Our lives have been a bit hectic this past week and I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. Mostly because this weekend involves some fun birthday activities and celebrations. Yay!

This week has been good too. Brendan recently started saying some more words, miraculously. Now, this probably isn't a big deal to most of you but for me, it was HUGE. Brendan refuses to talk. He can say a handful of words but will not use them. I've tried forcing him too but decided against it since I don't want him to have a negative association with talking. So we've waited patiently and I have a feeling that he'll be taking off real soon. This week, he freely spoke when I asked him to repeat back to me: "train", "gross", "cool", "cat", "teeth" and "cookie". He's still got a ways to go, but this definitely eased some of the stress and worry I feel about him not talking.

Brendan doesn't usually like to read books with me but has recently begun to request we read Walter the Farting Dog over and over. He loves this book and so do. It's hilarious.

I love this time together. It's not very often that Brendan is still.

We've also had lots of time outside despite the cold and rainy weather. Brendan never seems to care what it's like outside, he's just happy to be free to run around like a maniac. He always has to bring a ball with him too and often gets it stuck under a car. Chris is nice enough to fetch them for him. I love this picture.

And we've had some of these moments too around here. *sigh* For the most part though, Brendan's pretty easy to please but he's pretty close to the "Terrible Two's" and I think he started early.

I love that sad face. I don't remember what he was angry about- it could have been anything but luckily he gets over it pretty quickly.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Terrible Two's is a misnomer they start at 13-14 months so Brendan must be amazing to have held off so long! Good Mommy-ing!
    Cadence only used 2 words (Woof-woof & Daddy - she was a point-and-grunter) until she was 27 months and then within a two week time frame she was talking in complete sentences. As long as he understands you and can communicate what he needs/wants to you then don't stress - I promise in no time you'll be wishing he would hush for just ONE MINUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli is also going through a phase where he blows up, whines, and cries for no reason and it's baffling to me.

    That's great that Brendan is saying some words and enjoying reading with you! Those are some of my favorite moments - sitting together and reading. And it's so fun when they know a book really well, especially a silly/funny book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guess what....I might have finished your pictures. And they might have turned out awesome. :) A sneak peek is on my photography blog (you can get their via my normal blog). Email me your address so I can send you the c.d. I got a ton of great pics. Hope you like the couple that I posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli makes those exact faces. He goes from being sweet to the Incredible Hulk in a matter of seconds. Veins literally pop out of his neck.

    That book looks cute.

    ReplyDelete