Friday, November 27, 2009

Just the Three of Us

We enjoyed a cozy, relaxed Thanksgiving yesterday here in Virginia. We kept things pretty low-key and we liked it that way. It was nice having Chris around more and getting to spend time together as a family. Here’s how we spent our day.

IMG_5310

IMG_5311 Brendan really loved watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, which surprised me at first. He had fun seeing all of the balloons and different floats, especially when a train float appeared. The boy loves his trains.

IMG_5317 Brendan had some computer time with Chris. Brendan loves to go to the Starfall website and practice his letters.

IMG_5333 Brendan attempted to help in the kitchen but ended up just playing with the camera’s remote feature. I had lost the remote several months ago and recently found it in my car when we cleaned it out, so I thought it would be fun to use it again. Brendan went a little nuts with it.

IMG_5337 I have about 30 pictures like this now.

IMG_5339

After a delicious dinner, we all relaxed by playing with Play-Doh. Brendan could do this all day.

IMG_5361 Chris made Brendan a Play-Doh hotdog and he loved it, although he didn’t love the salty taste. That didn’t stop him from trying to eat it more than once though.

IMG_5374 We finally ended the night by playing Brendan’s favorite game on the Wii, MarioKart, since Brendan loves to race. He hold his own controller and plays along with us even though his isn’t on- but don’t tell Brendan that.

All in all, it was a fabulous day and we have so much leftover pie that we’ll be set for the next week. And now it’s time to get ready for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girly, I just realized that you recently moved to Virginia - SHUT UP - we just barely left from there 4 months ago, we were living in Richmond. I love love love Virginia so so so much. I'm so jealous that you are there. Virginia is like the coolest state I've ever lived in. I can't believe we missed each other by 2 months. We could hung out again. What are you doing there? Brendon is such a big boy - him and Talen could be such good buddies. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Brendan on the couch!!!!!!!! Kiss Virginia for me, will ya?

    ReplyDelete