Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our First Visit to Washington DC

IMG_5160

IMG_5187

The weather was absolutely beautiful today and it couldn’t have been a nicer day to head into our nation’s capital. We spent the morning doing all sorts of tourist type stuff and it was nice to get to see so many iconic sites in person.

IMG_5156

IMG_5162

The Lincoln Memorial was our first stop and I was quite impressed with how quiet and respectful it was there considering how many people were coming in and out. Even Brendan was quiet, which is a small miracle in and of itself.

IMG_5186 Chris looking angry and Brendan looking at the duck instead of the camera. We ended up taking a break from picture taking to feed the duck (luckily I had a sandwich in my bag) and then Take 2…

IMG_5188 Much better!

IMG_5196

The Vietnam War Memorial and some fall leaves. It’s amazing to see just how many names are on that wall.

IMG_5215 The Washington Monument is much bigger than I thought it would be and it’s the first thing that we saw driving into the city. It was so cool.

IMG_5219 We didn’t actually get a chance to visit the Jefferson Memorial but at least we could see it across the river. That’s definitely on our list to go to on our next visit.

It was a busy day and we ended up leaving a little earlier than planned since Brendan was a little cranky and tired, but we’ll definitely be going back soon. I can’t wait to explore some more.

I hope this entices all of our family and friends to start planning a trip to come and visit us soon!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh this just made me so homesick. I think the jefferson memorial is one of my all time favorite spots in d.c. So beautiful, especially when the cherry blossoms are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures!! I love DC. I can't wait to see more pictures as you do new stuff.

    ReplyDelete