Sunday, April 4, 2010

Foiled Again

IMG_6192

This past week, I had planned to start potty training with Brendan but unfortunately, that didn’t happen. One day we picked up some tacos from Taco Bell and Brendan managed to eat 3 soft tacos in about 5 minutes- which is really impressive for someone his size. I can’t even eat three in one sitting. Well, it turns out that Brendan’s digestive system couldn’t handle all those tacos either. That night he threw them all up and proceeded to have diarrhea for the next few days- which is why he’s in the bathtub in these pictures. No one likes to smell like puke and poop. Actually, Brendan probably couldn’t have cared less but I had an issue with it.

IMG_6203

I figured with all the stomach issues going on with him, it wasn’t the best time to to start potty training. Which was a bit disappointing since I’m looking forward to the day we are diaper-free at our house and Brendan has actually been quite excited about using the toilet like a “big boy". We already got him a potty training seat and he loves to put it on the toilet and sit on it, and he’s even managed to go poop once! Hurray for Brendan. Too bad he had also pooped on the floor before we made it to the toilet but luckily we have hardwood floors.

IMG_6183

Brendan’s feeling better and is back to his normal self so we’ll begin this week! I know I’m going to need to have a lot of patience but I’m hoping that things move along quickly. If anyone has any good tips, books, methods, encouragement- let me know! I’m sure I’ll need it.

I know this isn’t a very Easter-y post but Happy Easter! Our pics (and a video!) will be coming along soon. Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as we did. In between pigging out on candy and chocolate, we had a very inspirational conference weekend and loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment